The Traveller's Travelogue

This is the world as I see it.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

KISS principle redefined

My first ever post on this blog dealt with the KISS principle, (click here) and if you remember, KISS is an acronym for, Keep It Simple, Stupid. Now, I am a big believer in simplicity, and keeping things simple, but of late, I couldn't help but notice, that the KISS principle is quite inadequate in what it is trying to get across. Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to change to Keep It Short & Simple. Now this is more like it since it is complete. Simplicity on its own may accomplish the task at hand, but you have to ask yourself, "Does it accomplish it effectively?" Enter brevity, without succinctness conciseness, you can be assured that whatever you do, will not be effective. The goal should be to perform any task, as simply as possible, and without complicating it. So remember, to keep it short and simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>