The Traveller's Travelogue

This is the world as I see it.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

A Million to One

Here is another lil poem I came up with. It is slightly longer than the first one and I said I wouldn’t write one again but couldn’t resist the urge. Hope you guys enjoy this one too.

Two became one
One became one and millions
One for you and millions for me
Look around don’t you see?
Six times we came
First I held out my hand
Second a touch
Never asking for much
I hurt you once
In return you hung me
Are the balances steady?
Deserved it I, maybe
I held back
But I was true
Never a lie
Begging you to stick through
You held back
A little longer than I
Met them only once
To them you were true
But not to me
Don’t you see?
How unfair you were to me
You said you loved
Your love then came fleetingly
Giving in
To a mindless whim
How unfair it is to me
My pain, you can’t feel
Like the love you claimed
Tangible things I couldn’t give
For I had just one
Belief in you
Dreamt with you your dreams
You moved on with yours intact
Or so it seems
One for you
A million of mine
That is the heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>