The Traveller's Travelogue

This is the world as I see it.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The three pillars of strength

I talked briefly about the three pillars of a strong psyche in one of my previous posts, but I was asked a very imposing question. How do you keep yourself intact when your ego takes a battering day and day out? There really isn't a hard and fast answer to this question since we are dealing with something as capricious as the human mind and emotions coupled together but there are general guidelines. In the end the fact that we all have to face at such times is that, "my truth is not your truth" i.e. what works for me may not work for you.

That being said I think it is very important to go back to basics, just like a fighter who has lost a bout the first thing he does is goes and works on his basic techniques because they are the most natural and flow nicely under stress, so too must you return to your basics. Whatever they maybe in your case but the fundamentals count for a lot. Go back and see what were the basic things that kept you happy. Does reading help? Writing? Like I said it is a time of great self-evaluation and you must be willing to face these times. Which brings the next thing in line, fear. They say the only thing to fear is fear itself. Crap. Don't believe that because the only thing to fear is you fearing anything at all! In short don't be afraid to face upto the toughest things in life even fear itself. As Rocky was told "Eye of the tiger Rock, eye of the tiger!" Life is tough and God knows how tougher it can get so look at the good things in your life, a house, food, family. Those are the basics too so go back to 'em, heck run younglin run! Go back to the things that make you proud of yourself, an award, an achievement, your family history must be full of proud moments, find a source of inspiration.

I leave all you with a famous kara-te saying

"nana karogi ya-oki"
"Seven times down, eight times up"

Above all believe in yourself and find someone who believes in you too if not then I believe in you because I know it takes a strong person to make it through such a time and there will be a time when you will look back at this and say "I did good." You have to make sure that you won't regret looking back at those moments and say to yourself "Oh if only I wish I had been a lil stronger I could have pulled through that tough phase." Then it would be too late so make sure that regret doesn't linger. It happened to me and it's not a fun thing to know that there was something you could do with just a modicum of effort and you didn't do it because of the blues.

Belive in yourself, you are very worthy with what you bring to the table. So pick yourself up for the eighth time and don't be surprised if you fall for an eighth time. Then you stand up for the ninth. Move on soldier !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>